Re: Ability advancement rate

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 10:24:11 +0000

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 02:25:45 +0000, you wrote:

> Graham Robinson said
>
>>All the established characters in Glorantha of W3+ level get there by
>>heroquesting, yet the rules allow players to get there by an easier
>>route. It feels wrong. I want to slow character improvement, not stop
>>it. But I want heroquesting for improvement to be an increasingly
>>attractive option. I want players to go on quests to perfect their
>>skills, not spend a hero point every week.
>
>One could always require PC's to perform Heroquests in order to be able
>to improve skills over (say) 19w2 (and maybe again at every subsequent
>mastery level thereafter).

I think I'd probably want to introduce the HeroQuest limit earlier. For example moving from Close Combat 20W to 1W2 would require an 'Arming of Orlanth' ritual and the defeat of one of Orlanth's enemies.

Each threshold requiring a more significant quest of course. The real problem would be the need to come up with a LOT of distinct rituals in quite a short space of time.

York BSAC Web Page:
http://website.lineone.net/~york_bsac