Re: Ability Advancement (rant alert)

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:10:42 -0000

Ho, ho, ho... what a lag!

Unfortunately you're not paying attention, otherwise you'd have read the very next paragraph, in which I said :

      >I'm not entirely sure I buy this argument,...

So while your rubbishing of my closely held fundamentalist oppinions was very entertaining, unfortunately it's a bit of a straw-man argument.

The point remains, there is nothing to stop HW narrators from having heroquests in their games to bump-up the power level of the characetrs. Unfortunately, it seems there is no actual requirement for them to do so, and characters are perfectly capably of attaining the hights of semi-divine profficiency without having to do any heroquests at all, thank you very much.

That doesn't mean the games they play are necesserily dull, boring and routine. I am sorry if I gave that impression. Whether they are or not is irrelevent to the central point, which you fail to address. Surely in Hero Wars, heroquests should be a necessery rout to power, not merely an optional one.

Simon Hibbs