RE: Re: Skill improvement & meaning of masteries

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 01:10:26 -0000

On Monday, February 18, 2002 2:46 PM, ian_hammond_cooper wrote:
> Benedict Adamson wrote:
> > Right, and it works well. But it is a house rule, rather than
> official HW.<
>
> Don't have it to hand. I thought I read something along these lines
> in explanation of the leader sheets - maybe I'm just imagining it.

Sort of. It says:

"narrator characters... can have keywords with ability ratings. This shorthand indicates that the character generally uses any ability listed for a keyword at their keyword rating, without taking an improvisational modifier."

It doesn't say they *always* use the abilities without an improv modifier, so there is license for the Narrator to assign one, essentially as a "reward" for a player who uses a cool/imaginitive/cunning ability to try to outflank that NPC. Might have been more explicitly stated, though.

Regards,

Bruce