Wyter Abilities

From: themalum <rmv1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:36:34 -0000

I'm working up the wyter for a clan of 1038 intrepid souls. I'm currently doing some preliminary work on the wyter, and I had a few questions:
  1. Using the Extraordinary Support column of the table in the Hero Wars book, I can come up with values of 15w2 for the wyter's abilities. The clan has the economic specialty of Magic, and has a Magic rating of 4w -- would this impact the wyter's abilities?
  2. One of the clan-specialty subcults of Orlanth Allfather for this clan has the Secret of Restore Wyter. I could see this justifying a change in power either way; are wyter augments that important to PCs that I should leave the power level alone? I haven't run the game enough to really get a feel of how much this helps in a campaign game.
  3. If a wyter is stored in a weapon, should it have some sort of weapon enchantment? Just because a weapon is also an important wyter object would not mean that it can't be enchanted as a weapon, I would think; it means that it would probably only be used in defense, but that's fine from my standpoint...

Thanks!
Roland