Re: Follower abilites

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:44:48 -0000

> It also says on page 140 under Followers and Unrelated Actions that
> "Followers may attempt unrelated actions during a contest, at the
cost of 3 AP per action from the combined AP total.

> From this I get the impression that followers can take a more
active role in contests if the situation calls for it. For what it is worth, I allow followers to be the main actor in contests (the librarian's bodyguard, frex). In that situation, I make the player pay the 3 APs for his main character to take unrelated actions.

First a question: You allow the Follower to be the main Actor, but make his actions unrelated, therefore he loses 3AP every round, is that right? I would have said the main actor's main action (that is, the one AP are calculated from ) was automatically RELATED. So, who are the AP based on, Follower or Hero?

Second, an observation. Putting together two recent threads, IF a hero must affect followers separately from himself, this can be an effective limitation on follower's power:

"I run up the cliff and attack the Lunars standing at the top!" "Fine, off you go, but your followers can't run up cliffs, so you're on your own..."

Wulf