Tentacles News: February 2002

From: Fabian Kuechler <fabian_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 20:11:25 +0100

TENTACLES NEWS POST
Volume 3, Number 2, February 2002

~~ S l u r p F o l k s ! ~~

Welcome to the February Tentacles News Post, featuring all the latest Tentacles news and views. Feel free to forward this newsletter to friends, allies and sworn enemies. If you do not want to receive this newsletter or have a new email address please send notification to: fabian_at_...

F o r a l l o f y o u t h a t w o n d e r . . .

what is going on. Here is the hottest news about Tentacles 2002.

~ T e n t a c l e s o f H o n o u r ~

S t a f f o r d, Greg
Greg is a nice guy and the creator of Glorantha. He is President of Issaries Inc. the publisher of the epic Glorantha rpg Hero Wars! We hope

he brings a dose of his own coffee...

P e t e r s e n, Sandy
Sandy is very sorry that he is not able to attend this year after all. He has an important family ceremony going on that needs him present at home. He promises to be here next year.

W h i t a k e r, Lawrence
Loz is a Eternal Champion and beloved guest of Tentacles. Loz is working

on a fresh Stormbringer scenario that he will run for us and will probably read some of his works if we ply him with enough drinks.

~ T e n t a c l e d G u e s t s ~

R i c h a r d, Jeff
Jeff is a knowledgeable scholar of Glorantha and the Orlanthi in particular. He is one of the authors of "Fall of the House of Malan" and

is rumored to GM a First Age Gloranthan Campaign.

F R E E F O R M G A M E S

Here are the scheduled FreeForm games of Tentacles 2002. You'll need to sign up in order to play in any of these games. Sign up information will

be mailed to you after your registration for Tentacles.

H o m e o f t h e B o l d
by David Hall and Kevin Jacklin

Tentacles is proud to host this classic Gloranthan FreeForm at Tentacles

2002!

Boldhome, the capital of Sartar, is still in the firm grip of the Lunar Authorities and Army. How long will they be able to stifle rebellion and hold out against the Orlanthi and their undying thirst for

freedom? Will the Tribes and Clans of Sartar put aside their quarrels and unite against the Imperial foe? What side will the Independent people of Dragon Pass choose when the fighting begins?

D a t a: 80 Players / Glorantha

T i m i n g: Sunday

C l a s h e s: none yet

T h e C o u n t � s A u c t i o n
by Gunnar Kotsch and Carsten Sassenberg

Who are all these strange guests? What is their true agenda and are those obviously ridiculous names real? Is it really true that an awful monster from the river has appeared near the castle - green with blue spots, wet and driven from the river Rhine? Does the man with the white face speak the truth or is he, like many others, near insanity? Can you dare to face these evils without going crazy yourself?

D a t a: 25 Players / Cthulhu

T i m i n g: Saturday

C l a s h e s: none yet

T h e K i n g s F u n e r a l
by Ingo Tschinke

The King is dead, long live the king? Last night the King of Kustria, King of the Tournaments, was killed by a heretic from the north, sent by

the enemies of our beloved country.

His son, Janus de Chevalier, claims to be the one and only heir to the throne. But by Kustrian law the king has to be elected by the earls and barons of Kustria. Normally this is a traditional affair that goes smoothly, but not this time.

D a t a: 23 Players / Glorantha

T i m i n g: Saturday Afternoon

C l a s h e s: none yet

~ Y o u r G a m e ~

If you want to host a game or would like to volunteer as a referee in one of our pre-scheduled games please send me a note with a description of the game you would like to run or state the pre-scheduled you want to

support.

fabian_at_...

~ G e n e r a l I n f o r m a t i o n ~

Tentacles 2002
Hero Wars, Elric! and Cthulhu Game Fest
17th-20th May 2002
Castle Stahleck, Germany

http://www.Tentacles-Convention.de

~R e g i s t r a t i o n~

You need to register in order to attend Tentacles. You can do this online. There are still places left.

http://www.Tentacles-Convention.de/regis.htm

We have redone the registration form so that you do not need an email program to send the form. It should work for everyone, but let us know if you have any problems.

Registration started 1st January 2002 and closes 31st March. Make sure you sign up early this time and tell your friends!

~C o s t s~

The price for 3 days and 3 nights of Tentacles at Castle Stahleck including breakfast and dinner is 85 EU.

Because of changes in the booking arrangement we will no longer be able to accept payment at the door. You can pay with your credit card.

~D o u s a f a v o u r~

Some of you have multiple email addresses on our mailout list. Please let us know which of them can be removed. If you get a new email address

please notify us.

~ A u c t i o n ~

So far we have collected:

Help to expand this list!

! ! !
Send a list of your auction items to:
fabian_at_...

~T r a v e l H i n t s ~

If you are flying in to Tentacles from abroad, make sure to check out our travel hints:

http://www.tentacles-convention.de/source.htm

~N e w E m a i l~

Make sure you send mail to:

fabian_at_...

Watch out for the next Tentacles News 2002 in M a r c h !

yours

Fabian

--

~Tentacles Convention~