Re: Inflation

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:42:45 -0000

> > Heortling Clan Champion 10w-10w2 (HW), 10w3 (BA)
>
> We'll that is an example of inflation (+20). But it is worse than it
> seems, because the TRIBAL champion is likely to be much better, and
> tending uncomfortably close to the W4 level.

This deas now seem to have been a mistake, but even if it wasn't, let's not over-react too much. I'm sure there are some clan champions who are in the w3 range, after all the tribal champions have to come from somewhere. Just because the rules suggest that the majority of tribal champions will be in such-and-such an ability range, that doesn't mean your PCs can assume that will be the case all the time.

Of course it would be nice if the writeup of such an exceptional clan champion pointed this out, but at this stage all of this is moot.

Simon Hibbs