re: Inflation.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 19:47:01 GMT

Jeff Kyer:
> 10w - good at your job (a player character after a few adventures)
> 10w2 - best in the clan (Clan Champ, chief, priest)
> 10w3 - best in the tribe (King, Tribal Champ)
> 10w4 - best in the kingdom (Kallyr, Argrath, Beat Pot)
> 10w5+ - supernaturally good - Harrek, Jar-Eel

The above are themselves somewhat inflated from HW:RiG(1) ("good at your job" seems understated for 10w, that's the high end of "best in clan" and Harrek is statted a full W lower) -- not fatally, though, and it certainly makes for a neat progression. What seems oddest to me is that the word "supernaturally" only appears at the 10W5 level. Are you suggesting one can readily get to 20W4, let's say, purely "mundanely"?

Cheers,
Alex.