Re: Inflation

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 13:11:45 -0800

Peter

> I also imagine, this being Glorantha, that some champions (and
> thanes) are deficient in their office's "main ability" but have a
> compensating ability elsewhere. In John Hughes's example, it's Relationship
> Chief 10w2. I could imagine a clan or tribal champion whose highest ability
> is Close Combat 18w, except for Immune to All Harm (Except for That Bit on
> His Ankle) 10w4.

True -- but I can also imagine a champion *without* a compensating ability, promoted because of a sudden vacancy. (In fact, I think this is a likely way for player heroes to get such positions -- and not need all the official abilities. Remember, they're guidelines for a typical champion, not an exact set of requirements like a RuneQuest rune lord.)

And of course, some champions will have an extra ability just to surprise player heroes...

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>