Wyter ratings.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 23:33:04 GMT

Jeff:
> In a pure 'game's sense, it probably allows the hero to spend HP to
> increase the wyter's abilites instead of his own. Probably at some
> RUINOUS rate (say spend HP to Ablity = +1 to ability)

Not sure what I follow you here. If you mean what I think you mean, how is this ruinous? (Compared the the "follower" mechanic, say?) I see where you're going with the general concept, though.

Relatedly, what about "clan stats", as produced by The Generator(TM)? Are people using them for much? And how readily do you allow that to be increased?

> I like the description for Nosebiter - it is no more a spirit bound
> into an axe than a human is a spirit bound into a body. I misspoke
> too - the wyter doesn't live in the sword, it _IS_ the sword.

Most wyters probably had some "previous existence", though, so the sword isn't it's "original body" in that sense. Though maybe it would be a recreation of it, in some sense. For example, currently IMG one of our clan ring is trying to construct a new tribal warband (or stand-alone cult -- hopefully he'll work this out himself at some point <p>), and it's more or less been established that the wyter is going to be (or be related to, at least) the being (or some portion of) one Kartalor Sunkiller (IIRC -- isn't it sad when one can't recall bits of one own G., never mind Official G?), and it's going to be manifest as an iron-and-lead-bound shield. But it occurs to me that perhaps what's going on here is that rather than K. himself "incarnating" in the shield, maybe the shield is being magically identified with K.'s own shield. (I'm thinking out loud here, work with me.)

Cheers,
Alex.