Re: Re: Ability advancement rate

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu Sep 16 11:42:17 2010

> How old are your characters after five real years of game play?
>
> In my own campaign I have a, roughly, one adventure equals one season
> passage of time, indeed, I now give 1HP for a Season rather than for
> a session, seems to work nicely but its still early days yet.
>
> This way to get to address your problem after 5 years (= 5 x 50
> sessions = 250 seasons), my players are liely to be 50 years older!
> Thus they need to be working on their children a la Pendragon etc.

IMCG, a session is vaguely intended to be "Pendragon Time", and while it doesn't quite get there, most sessions/years, it's closer than I ever got in Pendragon, as GM or player...

In about very roughly 20 sessions we've played from 1600 (birds dropping dead out of the sky at Salinarg's feet) to 1610 (Kallyr applying a blowtorch on much the same spot). The characters, who were (and still are, just about...) already clan ring members are definitely starting to look a little long in the tooth (and surprisingly, seem if anything to be getting "broader" as characters rather than significantly "higher" in best skills). Style of game is very much "clan crisis management". Well, except that one of the PCs is a Yinkini, his style is more clan crisis creation...

Having said that, I don't plan on keeping up the same "pace" for the whole game. Come about 1620 I anticipate there will be a "generation change", and the new characters will start at a "lower level". Plus those are going to be some action-packed years... Come to that, since our tribe is scheduled to be "de-created" in 1618, that might be the trigger for said change...

Cheers,
Alex.