Re: Re: Travel to otherworlds during worship

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu Sep 16 11:42:17 2010

> Following on from
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HeroWars/message/10464 there's an area
> of the Hero Wars rules I am undertain about. It is unclear about how
> many people can go through the barrier to an otherworld during a
> ritual. Is it just the celebrant or can anyone that takes part in
> the ritual also go through?

The exact mechanic is an interesting question. As a minimal "reality check" though, it should be easier for N people (N >> 1) to send N people through the barrier, than it is for one person to send herself through. So whatever added difficulty you assess should be no worse than, at a minimum, the bonus you get from the extra people. (To put it mildly.)

Maybe a useful way of looking at it is as a "barrier weakening" exercise. You part-identify the precincts of the sacred space with the corresponding other side terrain; each participants then chooses to step through, assuming they have the minimal knowledge and connection implied by being initiated. (i.e. this part is 500 auto-successes, in normal play, but it's in theory an "act" on their individual parts).