Re: Following the Leader....

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:02:23 -0600

At 2:47 PM +0000 3/7/02, t_m_ellis wrote:
>I would have expected that many Clan Chiefs are / become Devotees of
>this cult - they are, after all, in a position where they are already
>going to be supported by the clan, and I would imagine the cross over
>between "doing their job" and "attending to cult duties" is very high.

        I'm not sure this is right -- I think Heortlings would be a little leery of a leader who was exclusively a leader. They'd rather have someone who can plow a field, repair a wall, treat a sick ox, fight a challenge, run a raid, call down lightning, clear or cloud the sky, etc. People who want to be LEADERS include the Pharaoh, the Heads of the EWF, the King in Tarsh, etc. Devotees to Dar might be pretty rare. I assume any Dar-related rituals necessary for the "good standing" of the Dari (Darist? Darite?) would be included in the clan's regular Orlanth cermonies.

Peter Larsen