Re: Following the Leader....

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:38:33 -0000

They did mention a few surviving along the Manirian shore...although what happened to them after Slontos rolled over I don't know.

> >The references breed many ideas
> >that would definitely lend themselves well to a Helering PC's
> >attempts to "reinvigorate" Heler to lend Orlanth more strength in
> >the upcoming battles...
>
> As for "'as a god, so it's people' (and vice versa)," I'm
> unclear on this. I don't know if Gloranthan gods wither away from
> lack of worship or whether they just become harder to contact.

I think from Greg's comments on Daimones and wyters that the ability of the god is never lost, but it needs worshippers to re-discover it and sacrifice to it properly.

> Now, is this because Heler has lost the power to
> be a Dar-like leader or because his worshippers no longer hear the
> call of that sub-cult?

Or perhaps Heler lost his leader type abilities when he betrayed the water tribe? He was a great leader of them, but maybe even amongst the Helerings he wasn't a leader as such once joining the storm tribe. (Just one possibility, and even then there could be a deeper lost myth about how he fought and re-gained his leadership abilities after that).

--Bryan