Re: Fumble vs Fumble

From: antalvarez2001 <antalvarez1976_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:54:17 -0000

>However, think of some physical situations: two people fighting on a
>rope bridge. Two people playing chicken with a charging Triceratops.
>Two people challenging each other to a drinking
> contest. In these cases, both could easily be completely defeated
>and left helpless and possibly dying...

Thanks for the examples, but could it be the general rule for any kind of simple contest?

For example, in a discussion, my opponent can't profit my terrible mistake, because he has a very bad day, like me.

Drinking poison: If I don't have a ability of 'Resist Poison' with mastery, I think it's easier for a letal, instant poison of potence 2 to provoke my death that a poison of 20 or 1W.

Climbing trees, stealth vs perception, making feats 'against the world'... In all those cases, the Fumble vs. Fumble result looks odd for me. I have been 'destroyed' because the Fumble of my opponent!

The player that has suffered a Complete Defeat may think that this rule is unfair (specially if his hero is dead).

Regards,

Antonio