RE: Re: yikes - 'new' rule

From: Graham, Andrew <agraham_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:37:55 +0100

> > > one of my players just sneakily pointed out a Hero Wars rule.
> > > The Optional Physical Contact rule states that for 'almost all
> > > augmentations' touching the thing to be augmented reduced
> > > resistance by 5.
>
> One of my favourite optional rules (along with Grievous Wounds and
> the Elemental Edges - Andrew Graham, if you're reading this, please
> remember Fire gets +^2 Edge against darkness :-).
Yes you may need it against Trolls angry enough and cornered enough to send the Females against you :-)

> > It has been mentioned before. It has also been mentioned that
> > augmenting is often not worthwhile, so using an optional rule that
> > makes augmentation more worthwhile might not be a bad idea.
>
> True... now, if using the 1/10 'automatic augments' do you add the 5
> first, or just give a +1 to the augment (for simplicity and
> generosity)?

I would prefer to say add +5 to magical ability, but knowing how things normally go I would probably reluctantly stick to the +1 to the default augment to avoid endless questions. Don't worry about it being unbalancing as it applies equally to both sides.

This E-Mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and for the
exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this E-Mail in error please return it to the sender.
We should be grateful if you would also copy the communication to postmaster_at_... then delete the E-Mail and destroy any copies of it.

It is your responsibility to scan any attachments for viruses.

For further information, visit us at WWW.MITSUIBABCOCK.COM