Re: Duration of Blessings

From: Jeff Kyer2 <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 15:31:35 -0400

> Subject: Duration of Blessings
>
> I might have missed this line of discussion, or the place in the rules in
> which it is discussed, but what is the duration of blessings? And how many
> blessings can you get from the same service? And can you walk around with
> more than one blessing on you?
>
> Jim Chapin

A blessing lasts for one 'scene,' just like all the other magics. Wizards and Liturgists, who use sorcery and blessings, gain favorable bonus on the duration and number of targets. Personally, we allow blessings to stay 'ready' for a long duration but they last only one scene when they are invoked by the recipient.

You can get more than one blessing on you but I don't think you can have more than one blessing of the same type at once. To use a RuneQuest analogy - you can't have Bladesharp II running on the same sword.

Hope this helps!

Jeff