Re: Magical Augments - A little extreme?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:05:25 +1200

At 18:25 10/04/02 +0800, you wrote:

> I venture to suggest that it is unlikely that anyone will
>augment twice off the same affinity in Peters game,

I am really puzzled because I've stated at least twice now that I don't have a problem with people augmenting two or three times off the same affinity. I simply cut down the cumulative effects of the affinity by a) restricting the effects of some feats to their stated labels (i.e. shield destroyer is no good when you are trying to destroy a sword) and b) by not allowing feats which duplicate the same purpose (i.e. cut deep and decapitating blow) to be added cumulatively.

>but I think
>assuming that the entire world will have such limited imagination
>that its no problem is naive.

One could always prove me wrong by listing examples of separate improvised sword feats that are generically useful in a combat and don't duplicate each other.

--Peter Metcalfe