Re: When does the contest begin?

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:54:04 +0100

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:55:07 +0100, Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_....com> wrote:

>Similarly, an ambush could begin with the hiding and perception, not
>merely as a consequence of failed perception.

So that one side bids on it's perception ability, while the other uses it's actions for augments. Nice, but what about a meeting which ISN'T an ambush? One where, normally, one side is not using any ability against the other before the contest proper, but where there is ample time for preparation. What about, say, a court case. Augment law with Orate, Heortling Custom, all the Feats you can find. Or a straight battle, time is set for it to begin, but you have the full night to augment. What then limits the number of augments?

I really like this basic idea, that some action or condition ends the augmentation period, rather than any arbitrary numeric limit. But I can't think how it works in terms of a time, rather than action, limited situation.

Wulf