Re: Magical Augments - A little extreme?

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:42:49 -0400

My answer to the whole augmentation question is to simply chuck them in favor of edges. Your hero has to use whatever basic skill he or she has to actually hit, but the magic can vastly alter the effect of a landed stroke. Augments only exist, in my opinion, to appease prior RQ players who "need" their Bladesharps and whatnot. I prefer to award a target number increase for appropriate roleplay or clever tactics, not for a good die roll. Edges are all that HERO WARS/HEROQUEST requires, and I have said this again and again since the original playtest.
--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and