Re: Re: Magical Augments - A little extreme?

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 22:22:46 +0100

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:59:17 +0100, "Terry Harvey-Chadwick" <terryhc_at_orange.net> wrote:

>This means that initiates get a general improvement to their skills through
>augments, but the devotees get to do some really nifty stuff, due to their
>closer relationship to their god. If an initiate was to try to use a feat
>then, yes, it would take an unrelated action, as he tries to figure out what
>he wants to do, plus an improvisational modifier, but devotees get to do
>what they want straight away with, hopefully, devastating results, which is
>the way it should be.

Yes, I'm becoming convinced by this, Affinities Augment, Feats are stand-alone. Trouble is, it's quite likely your feats are lower in rating than your augmented main abilities (like Close Combat), meaning you actually lose out by using the feats! Plus, I'm not sure I really WANT Decapitating Blow as a single action...

Of course, you MIGHT allow the feat to be auto-augmented (no action, 1/10 the value) by the ability it's based on...

Wulf (also basing combat on 15 years Viking re-enactment, and 5 years LARP)