Alien World mods

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:56:56 -0000

Got myself confused on this one:

Assume I am doing an Orlanthi heroquest and I go up against Seravus the Enchanter and his hsunchen allies. Assume that the opposition taking the roles of the hsunchen are physical world Telmori (or whatever) on their own heroquest.

Do the Telmori suffer the Alien World modifier, even though they are mythically on 'their own home ground'? Do the heroes suffer an alien world modifier - is Seravus's home actually in an alien world to us?

When I meet someone who follows a different magic system on a heroquest - does one or the other of us always suffer an alien world modifier? If I meet a mostali is one or another of us always in an alien world

Or is the alien world modifer more applicable for people doing a quest from outside their tradition or entering the living places of the gods, - the Moon or The Sky World or Storm Village and not for opponents met when reenacting mythic events.

Cheers,

Ian Cooper