Re: Alien World mods

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:09:55 -0000

So was I - amd may still be!

> Assume I am doing an Orlanthi heroquest and I go up against Seravus
> the Enchanter and his hsunchen allies. Assume that the opposition
> taking the roles of the hsunchen are physical world Telmori (or
> whatever) on their own heroquest.
>
> Do the Telmori suffer the Alien World modifier, even though they
are
> mythically on 'their own home ground'? Do the heroes suffer an
alien
> world modifier - is Seravus's home actually in an alien world to us?

That depends WHERE they are. The God's World ( specifically in this instance the Storm Tribe Tula, etc) would be Friendly to an Orlanthi (+5), Alien to Hsunchen (or any Animists/Sorcerors) (-20). However, if the HQ takes place on the Hero's World (back in time, effectively) it's neutral to both. So once you pass through Orlanth's Stead, you are back in 'normal' territory, albeit a 'normal' time from another age!

Just so I can use this to settle my own doubts, I ran one HQ about Elmal finding Hippogriff & adopting Horse into the Storm Tribe. Since that happened between deities, with no mortals involved, it would be in the God's World. Another one was in the Greater Darkness - that's the Hero Plane, a mortal, if heroic, world with no modifiers. If I do Vinga Joins the Thunderbrothers, that'll be another one in the Gods' World.

As I write this, I'm even less certain than before...

Wulf