Re: Magical Augments - A little extreme?

From: t_m_ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:33:24 -0000

Not in the case of the Humakti, though. Augmenting your close combat skill with your "Combat" affinity and augmenting it with your "Swordhelp" feat differ only in the words you use to describe the action. If the Initiate wanted to use a specific feat (Break Shield, or Decapitate Foe, for example, then he would be worse off than the Devotee to the tune of the Improv. Penalty (as would the Devotee for all the "improvised" feats he is thinking up in order to spend the whole night before augmenting.

I do like the suggestion that only one Feat per affinity can be used to Augment the ability roll, and all the rest must be used as Edges - it sounds about right, and where contests are to be deat with by simple contests they probably don't normally deserve the effort of multiple augments (although I'm sure that there are exceptions). I think I'll adopt this as a "House rule of thumb" - so exceptions are possible, but only with justification...