Re: Re: Alien World mods

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 08:23:17 -0700

At 01:09 PM 4/11/2002 -0000, you wrote:
>That depends WHERE they are.
>The God's World ( specifically in this
>instance the Storm Tribe Tula, etc) would be Friendly to an Orlanthi
>(+5), Alien to Hsunchen (or any Animists/Sorcerors) (-20). However,
>if the HQ takes place on the Hero's World (back in time, effectively)
>it's neutral to both. So once you pass through Orlanth's Stead, you
>are back in 'normal' territory, albeit a 'normal' time from another
>age!

Good work, Wulf. You got much of this right.

>Just so I can use this to settle my own doubts, I ran one HQ about
>Elmal finding Hippogriff & adopting Horse into the Storm Tribe. Since
>that happened between deities, with no mortals involved, it would be
>in the God's World.

Acutally, if the participants were all god-worshippers it would not matter where it took place. But this action, which is clearly an action of the God War, is in the Human World, or Hero Planes today.

>Another one was in the Greater Darkness - that's
>the Hero Plane, a mortal, if heroic, world with no modifiers.
The Grat Darkneess is always a Mixed World setting: the Middle world.

>If I do
>Vinga Joins the Thunderbrothers, that'll be another one in the Gods'
>World.

Yes. Note here, though, that this is an action that occurs within the Orlanthi society. It is not a conflict with outside forces.

>As I write this, I'm even less certain than before...
Buck up, you are quite on track.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>