Re: Re: Magical Augments - A little extreme?

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 01:48:55 +0800

At 9:30 AM -0700 11/4/02, Roderick and Ellen Robertson scribbled:
> > Has anyone but you been implying that multiple month complex
>> terrorist plots of global importance should be represented by a
>> single extended contest, and we should determine the rules for normal
>> close combat based on this?
>> No.
>
>Close combat? Who's talking about close combat? "Ambushs" can take place in
>any arena - close combat, ranged combat, finance, love, law, diplomacy,
>computer hacking...

        Close combat is the GOOD example, where the problem only manifests in ambushes.

        Of course, things like finance or diplomacy that don't have the time limit to strongly manifest the problem MUCH worse.

>The rules (and I) don't give 2 cents for what the final
>skill is used to "attack", you could "Ambush" using Pottery, or
>Relationship, or anything else. The build-up is what's important.

        I think its a good idea having rules for build-up and preparation. I was even under the impression we had all sorts of interesting rules already. I just don't think multiple augmentation is them.

	Cheers
		David