Re: Magical Augments - A little extreme?

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:58:24 -0400

David Cake wrote:

>Now, has anyone been saying '5 month complex
>preparations shouldn't grant a huge bonus'?

<raising hand>

Sometimes it is the preparation that is the *real* contest, rather than the fight, as per my "When does the contest begin?" comments. Ditch the bean-counting and concentrate on the tale itself. If you intend the fight to be the dramatic high-point, just declare that preparation by one side has been offset by the preparation of the other, call it even, and carry on with the show.

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and