Re: Augmented Obscenity?

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 20:48:24 +0100

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 20:41:05 +0100 (BST), Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...> wrote:

>An ideal mechanical solution, IMO, would be an augmentation mechanic
>that gives 'diminishing returns' rather than 'escalating returns'.
>That would be a pretty major thing to do, though, and I don't have
>a rule I'm 100% happy with even for my own purposes, so never mind...

That's a more positive way to continue.

Here's an idea I've been thinking on: Add the previous Augments to the resistance of the next one. So if you augment by 5, that's a 5W resistance. Then you want to augment by another 5 - but this time it's resistance 10W (5W +5). For quick augmentation, subtract half the existing augment (round any way you like) from the next augment.

Wulf