God World vs. Heroplane.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 20:58:30 +0100 (BST)

Wulf:
> >So, what IS defined as a God's World HQ?

Greg:
> Almost none.

So an "ordinary", annual LBQ is not a God's World HQ. What about the ones Argrath and Harmast did?

> In fact, I'd even revise my idea of Vinga Joins the Thunder Brothers would
> be in the Gods World. I think now that participating in that event would be
> in the Hero Plane. Anything that has changed the fabric of the cosmos is in
> the Hero Plane.
> The Otherworlds are places that are fixed. They are outside of the realms
> of time and space. Orlanth's Hall, to use a well know example, exists on
> the God Plane but as soon as your hero (or anyone for that matter) wishes
> to do something, it becomes localized as being the Hall in the God War, or
> Hall in Golden Age or whatever.

Is it any help here to look at this in terms of depth of quest vs. scale of effect? As in, say, versions of quests that make something magically true for me and my supporters (look ma, new Sunspear feat), versions that make it true in the mesocosm (we don't worship Elmal here, stranger, just Yelmalio) and ones that make it true in the macrocosm (Elmal, who he?).

> I realize this is a different way to present this data. The alien world
> modifiers then take on a different meaning in the heroquesting. They become
> nearly useless, except when moving into the Hero Planes.

To be more precise, they were always pretty useless, now they're just explicitly redundant. ;-)