Re: who heroquests?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:30:31 -0700

Greg wrote

> >presume, as a narrator, that only the toughest Telmori heroquested

> Another old-time misconception.
> Heroquesting is NOT just for super folks.

Glad to hear it! Heroquesting as a non-super was a fun aspect of playtesting the Hero Wars rules that seems to be excluded from the published version.

I consider anyone with a rating of 10w2* as somewhat out of the ordinary, if not super. And getting 90 AP is mighty difficult, too (1000 extraordinary supporters gives only +25). In our current Hero Wars game, nobody would qualify (just from the skill requirement). And we've been playing the series for some time.

Hopefully the HeroQuest rules will in fact be for normal folks.

> The alien world
> modifiers then take on a different meaning in the heroquesting. They become
> nearly useless, except when moving into the Hero Planes.

Glad to hear this, too, since they seemed way too high for actual application. Sounds like HeroQuest could really rock.

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>