How should Rituals and Augments interact?

From: charlescorrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:19:00 -0000

reposted from HeroWars

In our game, as our characters get to the level where they can perform difficult magic, we are starting to use rituals more frequently.

According to the rules, rituals provide a narrator determined bonus and also channel community support. However, many player heroes and supporting cast have appropriate skills that they may augment the desired bonus with, which is narratively more satisfying (and appeals to the power-gamer in me too!). In our game, I have tended to use the rule of thumb that augmenting characters do not contribute to community support (I am not even certain that we have discussed it that much).

However, it is not clear from the rules (to me at least) that one should allow the combination of rituals and augments. Any thoughts?

regards,
Charles