Re: How should Rituals and Augments interact?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 19:13:44 +0100 (BST)

Simon Hibbs:
> It seems to me though, that as
> their abilities get higher, they'll be able to get more from
> aurments than for rituals, which don't take account of the
> individual competence of the supporters. Thus eventualy rituals
> will become redundant. That can't be right, and I'm not claiming
> expert knowledge on the ritual rules.

I think in sort that the two should be better integrated: to wit, more siumilar in both procedure and outcome. If you think the augment rules are fine and dandy, then one way of doing this would be to make the ritual rules work more like augments, but with an additional bonus to represent the various forms of preparation. If you _don't_ think the augment rules are OK, you might come to the opposite conclusion...