Re: Re: Automatic augments: no more ranks?

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:41:32 +0100

giangero wrote:
> It's a clear and fine approach in most cases, but I don't think it
> fits with the HP system:
> spending 1 HP to raise an ability from TN to TN+1 is a bit expensive
> if the only applicable improvement is a +1/5 in your weapon/armor
> rank.

That criticism applies to ALL abilities used primarily to augment.

As an automatic augment, it does give you a bit more than an ability that requires an automatic augment to defend with.

However, since the Armour (or Weapon) is an ability, you can use it directly in contests. For example, using your Armour as the resistance in an attack by someone's Close Combat.