Re: Automatic augments: no more ranks?

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:06:47 -0000

> wulfcorbett replied:
> > It's also particularly unfair as you don't have to pay any HP for
> > armour (or other mundane equipment) at all!
>
> I also suggested altering the character generation keywords, so the
> lists of equipment were replaced by equipment abilities, and there
> would be no net change in the protection provided to new characters
> by their armour, so my suggestion is fair in that respect.

Note that the above reply took over 4 hours to reach Yahoo, during which time I changed my mind, and now very much like the idea! Yes, equipment lists in character generation would be fine, we already have values for Wealth different to the rest of the keyword abilities after all.

And for those who think thousands of years of military and technological development has all been wasted effort, and ignore Rank and Edge altogether, it makes equipment both more useful AND just as easy to ignore. Furthermore, it makes the 'magic weapon' syndrome LESS likely to appear - why bother when a mundane weapon is just as improvable?

Wulf