Re: Re: Automatic augments: no more ranks?

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:32:46 +0100

>We already _have_ rules for enchanting things. Changing the way
>exceptional equipment is handled would also require a rewrite of
>the enchantment rules, which IMHO are fine and unbroken so far
>as I can tell. Why not just have rules for writing enchanted
>items into character descriptions?

Enchanted items can be written into the character descriptions - just include them in your hundred words or list. If you wish something more powerful than your starting abilities allow, you could always talk the GM into allowing you to have it as an ally.

Personally, I allow exceptional (named) equipment to be given an ability rating. I view the distinction between mundane and magical in Glorantha as rather vague. A normal sword used by a hero becomes magical, if the association is long enough.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson