Re: Automatic augments: no more ranks?

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 01:25:28 +0800

At 2:39 PM +0000 19/4/02, nichughes2001 scribbled:

>> If 'my characters best ability is being well armoured' is
>> your idea of really interesting, vive la difference! I can't see it
>> catching on widely, though.
>>

>Oh I don't know, I had an amusing RQ character who's best ability was
>exactly that. Of course its perfectly easy to do this with the rules
>as they stand, if your armour is outstanding then its worth a rating
>which usually acts as an edge augment. For most characters this is
>not the case.

        What I said above I was quite sincere about - almost any ability can be cool in a game somewhere, and if it works for that is good, but all sorts of things that might be cool for a single character are a bad idea as a general rule, or even if common.

	Cheers
		David