Offbeat abilities & vague references

From: hairyorlanthi <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:47:34 -0000

The title more than the subject got me thinking about sharing a few things from my campaign's characters.

In various character descriptions we've got:

A trickster who mentions a "bag of loot" so "Bag of Loot" at 13. He rolls the bag's skill against a GM-assigned difficulty to pull whatever he specifies out of the bag. (Small rock = 2. Live Rat = 15. Stolen Lunar ID papers = 20. Magic Fork = 5W2)

A dwarf who discovered his "Internal Immutability" so he has the skill Internal Immutability 13

But in helping design a character for a new-to-HW player, he took the concept of "vague references" to what I think is a new height:

"His Urgothic skill is unplumbed."

No, I don't know what "urgothic" is. Neither does the player. But he's got "Urgothic Skill" at 13.

Mike