Re: Re: Alternate ways of playing extended contests?!

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:32:21 +0200

Wulf Corbett:

> I'm usually not TOO strict about sequences of actions, but be careful
> you allow everyone an action, and only one, per 'turn', or the
> loudest voice will suddenly become twice as capable as the quietest!

> It can also get confusing if a player declares an action before the
> narrator describes what's happening to that player's character. Which
> action came first?

I rather thought of having a player declare & bid as usual and then offer the chance for everybody else to explain if and what their characters do [by chance or not] that could better [or worsen] the situation for the acting character, adjust the stakes, then roll and apply the final result[s].
this would not be considered a *real* additional action, but could include things "yelling support" "draw his opponent's attention to me" or "I hope that Humakt's with him", stuff like this, not additional attacks etc.

--

 Stefan
 Freitag, 11:59:54

.||| mailto: stefan.drawert_at_...