Re: Alternate ways of playing extended contests?!

From: orlanthumathi <orlanth.umathi_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 14:09:46 -0000

This whole debate could be resolved within the rules with only the slightest modification.

Surely we can count certain AP lending actions as Related Actions thereby glossing over the differences of approach? This bends the Lending AP rules (p136) but not too much.

Then such actions as yelling to distract an opponent can be "free" and used at anytime but would have logical limits of effectiveness.

Also, positioning rule (p138) could be reinterpreted as:

  Some actions that would otherwise be considered   unrelated actions may be converted into related   actions with the expenditure of AP.

Which is a simpler and more flexible rule than written.

This method allows for narration to dictate AP costs and/or decisions on related actions.

This allows a player that has already had an action to intervene, as long as it is feasible. He would just have to make decisions based on his remaining APs.

"So thrusting my spear in the way would cost me 10 AP? OK I'll just yell out an insult about his parentage".

Jamie