Re: Alternate ways [plus some Con after thoughts]

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 21:26:51 +0200

Jamie:

[snipped his nice suggestions]

> This method allows for narration to dictate AP costs and/or decisions
> on related actions.

> This allows a player that has already had an action to intervene, as
> long as it is feasible. He would just have to make decisions based on
> his remaining APs.

actually this describes what I was thinking about in much better words - thanks!

yesterday I had the opportunity to talk to Robin Laws and albeit we did not talk about specific rules issues I still got the impression that he always would go for a ruling that's fun & thrill. so I'll give it a try with my group tomorrow night!

another Con-impression: the roulette-chips were well received by by-stander and players alike, the former came to our table to see "what's this cool game they use roulette chips with" and the latter found it nice to actually "throw" their bet in. the GM [not me, I just supplied the "equipment"] liked it, too, but pointed out that it'll be confusing and space-consuming for him with larger numbers of opponents that are using individual AP pools.

a last thought:
although I heard the reasons for the delay of Robin Laws novel are financial ones, I think there won't be a better time to publish it, with Robin being at the peak of popularity now ["Robin's Laws Of Good Game Mastering" is best-selling; monthly columns in the two biggest magazines; D20 material with Atlas games and the unbroken popularity of Over the Edge, Feng Shui & Dying Earth].
I'd guess a lot of people would give HW/HQ a second glance then... For what it's worth...

--
Lest, zumindest an ungeraden Tagen!,

 Stefan
 Sonntag, 21:03:58