Re: Lending, actions, and turns.

From: charlescorrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:43:36 -0000

> Ending the Contest, HW:RiG p. 142, seems to say
> exactly this - but only for the _winning_ side,
> oddly enough. It's not only odd, but impossible,
> since you can't know which side will win
> beforehand...
> What is perfectly clear, though, is that as
> long as a contestant is knocked out but not
> dead (no more than 30 negative AP), AP lending
> can always bring him back in. (Page 137)

If my memory is correct (I do not have the rule books with me), the status is dying, not dead. So yes, a dying character can be brought back from a status of dying to above 0 by a timely AP Loan. And this has happened to my character in our game (from -67 IIRC during a nonheroic  contest).

Only special actions, such as Humakt's secret absolutely and irrevocably kill during a contest.

The specific resistances to healing hurts, injuries and dying are for healing after a contest is over (again, IIRC).

regards,
Charles