Re: Re: Augments and Hero Points

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:37:54 +0100

hairyorlanthi wrote:
> The biggest augment I can recall was an attempt at an ^12
> [which resulted in] ^24 to physical defense for the fight!

We'll, if the player was trying for ^12 I guess they had an ability of about W3, which is quite powerful, so it should not be surprising that the character has tough defences. And if the character is considerably weaker than W3, then the player took a risky gamble that paid off, so why not?

> Speaking of which, how broadly do you allow combat edges to be defined? I'm currently making my players cover each of the following:
>
> Physical offense... Physical defense...
> Magical offense... Magical defense
>
> How do you do it?

I naturally think of edges as being offensive or defensive, but rarely both, as you do. But I could be convinced otherwise for a particular case. I don't distinguish 'magical' form 'physical' effects, since it seems to be a distinction without a difference in Glorantha.

> Sure, you can make a case for swordhelp working on all of these, but it seems a bit much.

In what way is it 'a bit much'?