Re: Augments and Hero Points

From: t_m_ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:01:05 -0000

> Is there an obscure rule that prohibits the expenditure for augments?
>
> Should Hero Points be limited to heroic acts?

There is, AFAIK no rule that says what you can and can't spend a hero point on. The acts themselves need not be heroic, but are (by definition!) the acts of heros. If you don't feel that you are getting your "narrative" moneys worth from them, you could try asking that the players describe what it is that they are doing that turns what looked like failure into a success (or a narrow success into a great one) ratrher than just saying "Oh, then I'll use a Hero Point..."

Be warned though that sometimes you might not want to know (Like the Storm Bull spending a Hero Point to ensure he wasn't humiliated in a "Manhood waving" contest...)