Re: HP bumps.

From: hairyorlanthi <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 12:59:11 -0000

Agreed. The only other alternative makes the world very weird--make all the heroes' opponents a mastery higher _than you would otherwise_.

That said, I've yet to toss a HP-equipped NPC at my players. But I've mentioned that, and they dread the day.

This is probably because the group seems to have a secret wyter with the ability "Can't Leave Well Enough Alone 8W."

Since my game tends to relatively short sessions every week, and I'm trying to move from a game started at the "low" values, I did run into a situation where my PCs had many more HP than was good for the story.

Luckily, their "wyter" ability got them into a couple situations where they spent 10-12 HP EACH in the course of a melee (like where the 98 year old shaman had to hand-to-hand with the vampire) and since then I've switched to more directed increases and fewer HP awards.

Mike