Re: HP awards

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 15:17:04 EDT

In a message dated 02/05/02 14:48:44 GMT Daylight Time, hw-rules_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

<< Since my game tends to relatively short sessions every week, and I'm trying to move from a game started at the "low" values, I did run into a situation where my PCs had many more HP than was good for the story.

I tend to have the opposite - infrequent but mammoth game sessions - once every six months for a whole weekend (eating and boozing being mere distractions). This makes the HP award at the end of each session a bit out of balance, but it does mean that I've had to come up with a way of remembering what happened. To do this I have come up with little sheet which are, in effect, Hero Point certificates. Any action where a hero point is spent needs to be recorded by the player on the "certificate" for it to have any effect - some of the important actions are therefore recorded. The same thing applies for ability increases; a bit of blurb written out to explain why an ability increased.

Keith