RE: HP bumps.

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 22:21:55 -0700

Stephen wrote:

> I had been looking at Hero Points with the thought of requiring them to be
> 'dedicated' by players.

> Is this all too complicated????

Yes. There's already a pretty good tradeoff: do I spend hero points on a temporary bump (even if it's an augmentation that lasts for a contest), or do I spend them on permanent improvement? There never seem to be enough to go around.

Mike

> a couple situations where they spent 10-12 HP EACH in the course of a melee

Holy cow, I can't imagine having that many unspent points unless I was planning on a heroquest (where it might take that many to survive -- I think we built up to around 7 or so and ran out every time).

I'd much rather improve 10 abilities I might need.

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>