RE: Re: HP bumps.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 14:57:37 +0100 (BST)

> This is how I view it, characters with lots of HP in reserve to bump
> up have luck and/or fate on their side. Its not something that many
> gloranthans could directly sense or detect but when they see the
> results that would usually be the conclusion they came to.

But if a character is "consistently lucky" (see the usual aphorism on that...), or appears to be fated towards something or other, then might this not be better represented by an actual character ability of some kind? (See The Forge's HW discussion on this; if you have abilities like Blind Dumbassed Luck, or, Destined to Become King of Sartar, then you may wish to resolve contests in which these get use in a "narrative stance" in the jargon.)

I'm not myself instinctively either instantly convinced by or ineluctably opposed to this idea, just trying to tease out the logic of these arguments.

Cheers,
Alex.