A Hero Point Equivalent for Narrator Characters

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 15:36:20 -0400

Once again I will point people toward the JAMES BOND 007 rules, in which the Master Villain (and often his Privileged Henchman) have Survival Points which are used to directly counter the hero's expenditure of Hero Points (i.e., bump a result back down to its original level). Survival Points cannot be used to improve the bad guys' results, only reduce the results of heroes opposing them (whether gained via good die rolls, or HP bumps). The mechanic always worked very well, allowing the bad guys to draw out a fight or chase or whatnot rather than anti-climactically folding the first time a player spends a Hero Point.
--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and