AP-lends.

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 14:56:32 -0400

> The logic of your earlier comment would surely be that if I do this,
> I'm _still dying_, but am back in the contest anyway...

I don't see the problem. Someone with, say, a severe stomach wound is certainly going to die if not given magical healing, but if they can somehow deal with the immediate shock of the wound they may well be able to act in the meantime.

There's a RW example of this in 'Such Men as Billy the Kid', an account of the Lincoln County War. One man in a gunfight was gutshot and left for dead, he managed to drag himself to a good firing position and kept the opposition completely pinned down until his friends arrived and finished them off. He died later but he'd completely reversed the result of the contest.

Andrew