Re: Fw: Invisibility and Making Affinities

From: Robin D. Laws <rdl_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 15:23:40 -0500

At 08:04 PM 5/10/00 +0100, Nick Hollingsworth wrote:

>As was vision though not so much.
>And spirit scouting was tricky to handle.
>And lankor mhy reconstruction of the past and other similar mystery
>busters were a pain too.
>And sense chaos. Though sense assassin was never a problem because
>there were so few assassins. But almost every scenario had some chaos
>in it.

Most of these are controllable under the HW system because it allows for/relies on degrees of success.

"You get a bad feeling in your stomach around that guy." "You look into the past and see a shadowy hand reach under the plate to remove a piece of parchment." "Your spirit says he sees something big that reminds him of a good-tasting rock."

So, personally, I doubt I'd make any of the above extra difficult feats.

Whereas invisibility is not only problematic, it's binary -- either you succeed in becoming invisible, or you don't. The degree of success only comes into play for the effect's duration.

Take care >>> Robin